Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Child Health Clinic
- Additional InformationDevelopmental checks are done at 6 weeks by the doctor. Patients should make an appointment at the appropriate time.
- Additional InformationAll asthmatic patients are invited to attend for regular reviews. The practice nurse is available to give advice if necessary.
- Additional InformationThe practice offers a full range of contraceptive services and emergency contraception, except coil fitting.
- Additional InformationWe offer travel health advice and vaccinations for travel overseas. It is advisable to enquire at least eight weeks before your journey so that any necessary course of vaccination can be completed in good time. Travel forms are available at reception.
- Additional InformationThe doctors recommend the full programme of vaccination for children. Annual flu vaccines and a single pneumococcal vaccination are recommended for all patients over 65 and those with chest complaints.
- Additional InformationSmears are performed by the practice nurse. All female patients aged 25 to 65 are encouraged to be checked regularly. This also presents an opportunity to discuss with the nurse any health worries or problems.
- Additional InformationWe offer all new patients a short medical examination upon registering with the practice. This includes various health checks eg blood pressure, urine, weight and diet advice. Health checks are also available annually for patients over the age of 75 and once every three years for patients over 16.
- Additional InformationWe also offer Chlamydia Screening, please speak to the Nurse for details.
Details of all sexual health services in York and North Yorkshire can be found at www.yorsexualhealth.org.uk.
- Additional InformationWe hold regular cryotherapy clinics at the surgery by appointment only. Please speak to a clinician if you require this service.
- NameYOURPHYSIO York's new physiotherapy service
- Additional InformationA new physiotherapy service, specialising in the management of musculoskeletal (MSK) pain, long term conditions and self-help.
The service includes one to one sessions, group sessions and access to a new NHS physiotherapy website.
The site contains lots of useful help and advice on the self management of MSK issues, how to access services – including self referral, as well as information about the team.
On YOURPHYSIO you will find:
◾Access to a Conditions Directory which may help you understand your condition and help you take some simple steps to improve the problem
◾Online advice and resources, including videos and useful exercises to improve your MSK health
◾Advice on how to manage common injuries and pain problems
◾Advice for people living with a long term pain problem including advice about medications, exercises and lot of useful hints and tips to remaining active while living with persisting pain
◾Advice on how to make positive lifestyles choices – including information about the effect daily lives have on musculoskeletal health, how to stop smoking and how to maintain a healthy weight
◾How to join local educational groups and exercise sessions
Visit www.yourphysio.org.uk or ask your usual GP for more details.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01904 423666.